Welcome to the 2nd Annual 4 Pointer Awards!
Do you deserve an award for being average? How about for being unlucky? Or maybe you took an awesome selfie while hunting (NEW THIS YEAR!) If so, this is the contest for you. I have three trophies I’m dying to give away – one for The Most Average Deer, and one for the Unluckiest Hunter, and one for the Best Hunting Selfie! To spice it up a bit, I’m throwing in 4 Pointer T-Shirt that’s bound to bring you bad luck if you wear it while hunting! And as a bonus, I’ll also throw in an autographed copy of the book I haven’t written yet. Pretty nice prize package.
General Rules and suggestions:
- An individual can submit an entry for each category. Don’t underestimate the meaning of average – average can be very special. Some of my favorite deer would be considered average by many.
- The Unluckiest Hunter and Best Hunting Selfie categories are not specific to deer hunting – they can be from any hunting adventure.
- Pictures are required. Movies are allowed, but keep ’em under 30 seconds.
- The contest will run from today until December 31st, 2018. A winner will be chosen shortly after. I’ll mail the prize package in January.
- Be creative explaining why you deserve to win. For example, if you enter the Unluckiest Hunter Award and tell me you deserve to win it because “you are the worst hunter ever,” that’s probably not going to get it done. Unless, of course, you are the only entrant. Then you’ll probably win.
- A panel of judges (or judge) will be convened to pick the winner. It could be my wife – I’m not sure yet, but I reserve the right to assemble the panel of judges (or judge) however I want.
- You can enter a friend, but you better have their permission to do so. You’ll verify that by reading all the fine print at the bottom of the entry form. I’m sure everyone reads the fine print. There’s nothing scary in there, but at a minimum, I will own your house and primary vehicle plus all your hunting stuff once you click that you agree.
- If you have a problem with the form, email me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have fun! This is supposed to be fun! Oh, and good luck. May the odds be ever in your favor.
- NEW THIS YEAR: If you subscribe to email updates from The 4 Pointer, the judges will view you extra favorably. Subscribe here: Subscribe